KULMUN Terms, Conditions and Data protection
By registering for membership to and/or the conference of the KU Leuven Model United Nations association (hereafter referred to as “KULMUN vzw” or “the organisation”) and using this website, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
- The organising KULMUN vzw-boardmembers are all volunteering in their free time to organise the KULMUN vzw activities and conference. As such, the participant, whose application and thus participation in the KULMUN vzw activities and conference has been accepted, hereby agrees to indemnify the organisation against any and all losses, claims, costs, charges, expenses, damages and liabilities whatsoever which the participant may incur as a result of participation in these events.
- In the unfortunate case your legal interests are infringed upon, the KULMUM vzw association and each board member shall only be responsible for intent or gross negligence.
- If 3rd parties, employed by KULMUN vzw association, infringe upon your legal interests, you shall seek regress with the 3rd parties first before holding KULMUN vzw accountable. You shall hold KULMUN vzw accountable only if other regress is unavailable.
- Participants are obliged to abide by the Belgian law during whole time of the conference. Any use of illegal drugs, criminal activities or any violations of the law will result in participant´s expulsion from the whole conference and the participant may be held criminally liable. In the case of the expulsion of participant no claims for refund can be made.
2. Data protection
- The data will be saved for the sole purpose of organising the activities of the association and or the conference, depending to which you applied. It is stored on a secure database on a Google Cloud server, which is only accessible to the KULMUN vzw board.
- Without your explicit permission, any identifiable data (including contact information) will not be disclosed to any third party, except as required by law.
- We reserve the right to transfer your data in anonymised form to sponsors for statistics and financing purpose.
- You have the right to ask KULMUN vzw to access, change and delete your data.
- KULMUN vzw-members and conference participants can be photographed and/or be filmed during the academic semester and/or conference activities.
- KULMUN vzw reserves the right to use any video or photo footage from the academic semester and conference activities for its website, social networks and further promotion of the event and/or for archival purposes.
- KULMUN vzw claims copyright on all materials, photos, logos and articles on its website and social networks. No data can be used by third parties without the permission of the organisation or proper credit.
- The copyright of any such material shall be owned by the organisation without payment or compensation to the participants portrayed in the media.
4. Conference Refund
In case of a cancellation, the conference fee and accommodation payment are strictly non-refundable, except if the participants failed to obtain a visa, as stated in 5(2).
5. Conference Visa Procedure
- KULMUN vzw will provide invitation letters and ease the visa procedure to all conference participants requiring visa to enter Europe. However, the organisation bears no responsibility for unsuccessful visa claims.
- In case the conference participant fails to obtain a visa with the help of KULMUN vzw, his/her conference fee will be returned in full amount to his account within three weeks after notification to the organisation.
If you have any questions related to these policies, please email email@example.com